Administration Manager - Icon Cancer Centre Mildura, Victoria
Lead the Medical Administration Function at our Brand New Cancer Centre, Located within Mildura Health Private Hospital
- Implement and Facilitate the Medical Administration Function at a Brand New Facility, with the Support of our Site Manager and National Network of existing centres
- Be Part of a Growing Integrated Oncology Precinct, Delivering Comprehensive Cancer Services to the Local Community
- Join a Rapidly Expanding Company with Career Advancement Opportunities
- Permanent Full Time Position, Monday to Friday – Mildura, Vic
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
The Mildura Centre is due to open Nov/Dec 2022, and we're looking to have our new team in place ready for day 1. We're reviewing applications upon receipt - don't miss your chance to join this exciting new centre in an integral management role.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6-day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia and the world. With a global quality governance model, our clinical services are supported by expert practice units that develop and drive improvements in care, technology, and outcomes.
Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care. With numerous internal education and training opportunities covering professional, technical, and leadership domains alongside a very generous professional development allowance, the role could be a launchpad to a fast-tracked, successful career.
About the Role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Administration Manager to help establish a new radiation oncology service at our Icon Cancer Centre Mildura. This role will report to the Site Manager and operate in a full-time, permanent capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight.
Our Mildura Centre is a brand new site and will open with a smaller team of senior staff, primarily required to implement the systems, procedures and protocols needed to ensure we create a safe, effective, and successful cancer treatment centre. The Administration Manager, especially in the initial months, will plan and implement the administration function and subsequently perform the key administrative tasks required for our new patients, medical staff and specialists. As our patient volume grows, the administration manager role will settle into its leadership purpose, with recruitment, training, rostering and development of the administration team and general overseeing of the administration team and function.
- Implement medical administration procedures, protocols and policies required to establish and grow a new cancer treatment centre.
- Triage referrals to Radiation Oncologists ensuring timely access to treatment.
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of Radiation Oncologist sessions.
- Perform general day-to-day medical administration/reception functions (scheduling appointments, receiving patients, responding to patient and medical staff queries).
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information.
- Assist in recruitment, rostering, training and professional development of future administration staff.
- Implement practice changes and quality improvements seamlessly within the team.
About the people we’re going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care to the community. To be successful in this role, you require to be highly motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. You will be required to take on an integral role in the management of day-to-day administration activities and not shy away from a challenge. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience supervising and leading teams in a health environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the private health fund claiming processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and successful development of long-term relationships with external and internal customers.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of all patient billings i.e., Medicare, DVA and private patients.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in a health care setting.
- Qualification or training in management and leading teams (desirable).
If you have planned and implemented new procedures, policies and systems within a healthcare environment, we would be especially interested in discussing the role with you.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below.
For more information about the role, please reach out to Anita Erlandsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.