- Join Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider
- Permanent full-time position
- Auchenflower, Brisbane – The Wesley Medical Centre
Why choose us?
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 2,500 employees company-wide, the Group’s cancer services include over 30 cancer centres, 3 large chemotherapy compounding facilities and over 50 pharmacies across Australia.
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon’s future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards program and staff benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Informative training programs
- Focus on professional development
- Paid parental leave
About the role:
We have an exciting full-time permanent (Monday to Friday 0800-1600) opportunity based at our centre located in Auchenflower. You will join our collaborative and expanding research team as a Clinical Research Assistant and be responsible for supporting research activities at the site located within the Wesley Medical Centre.
This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in a change to our research team at a site level and complement a growing trials portfolio in some of our busiest trial centres. You will report to the site-based research coordinator team leader and they will provide you with the support to coordinate and conduct the day to day management of administrative tasks associated with clinical trials.
- Prepare patient visit requirements, assist in appointment scheduling and external hospital liaison for tissue requirements or medical information
- Assist with data capture, data entry and data queries directly into the case report forms
- Provide support to the research staff in relation to clinical trial administration tasks
- Provide support to the investigators conducting clinical trials by ensuring trial documentation is prepared and ready for their review/sign off
- Manage investigator site files and essential documents as per GCP
- Facilitate the attributable, legible, contemporaneous, original and accurate collection of source data
- Collect, process and dispatch samples and other materials required by clinical research protocols and prepare and manage clinical trial laboratory kits and samples
- Work closely with monitors for ongoing monitoring visits at site
- Occasionally travel between our clinics as needed to support the conduct and oversight of cross-clinic research activity
We are seeking passionate individuals who are eager to join our team. You will have the ability to manage your workload and build professional relationships with various healthcare professionals at your assigned clinic. You will also be able to independently solve problems and have great team skills.
Having a vision and a passion to support our clinical trials portfolio and inspire more Icon staff to be involved in clinical research is key to succeeding.
- Relevant undergraduate degree in health sciences, nursing or allied health field or working towards one of these qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS office suite and database management
- Current driver’s licence
How to apply?
If you meet the above criteria you and have an interest in starting your career with us, please directly apply now and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.