Head of Group Reporting and Treasury – Icon Group
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider and has expanded globally into Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong and New Zealand. The Group is built on a strong but simple vision – to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
With more than 3000 employees company-wide, Icon Group’s global footprint includes over 40 cancer centres, 3 specialist surgical centres, a health screening service, 4 chemotherapy compounding facilities, over 60 pharmacies and an expansive cancer research division.
Icon Group’s Core and Shared Services
Our cancer care centres, pharmacies, compounding facilities and research operations are supported by our shared service departments across the Group; spanning band & marketing, finance, IT, payroll, people & capability, procurement, clinical quality, strategic investment and project management. The Head of Group Reporting and Treasury works closely with our Core services department leaders to implement and deliver forecasting, budgeting, reporting, performance measurement and financial compliance.
The Head of Group Reporting and Treasury is responsible for delivery of the Group financial reporting processes to meet internal and external reporting requirements, ensuring these are delivered on time and to a high standard. They will provide technical leadership on accounting matters, and will establish, implement and maintain controls over financial reporting, accounting and treasury processes. The Head will provide leadership to a small team of accounting professionals, leading change activities and driving improved outcomes.
This role reports to the Group Financial Controller, and operates in a, full-time capacity on a 16-Month max-term contract at our headquarters at 22 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane.
Key Responsibilities of the role, and team, include:
- Liaise with and encourage all staff and managers to perform tasks required for the timely delivery of monthly reporting.
- Responsible for the preparation, review and delivery of consolidated Group reporting including relevant commentary on performance, KPI’s and variances to budget/forecast as required by stakeholders.
- Accountable for CORE financial report delivery including to relevant internal department heads as required.
- Coordinate accounting data with other departments and divisions as required and prepare month-end posting/allocations and accruals.
- Work closely with relevant internal departments to ensure accurate recording of transactions in the ledger and perform regular reconciliations of balances.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller and CORE department leaders with the forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Manage the Group’s financial reporting obligations, with responsibility for preparation and lodgement of compliant full year statutory accounts including liaison with the Group’s auditor and external advisors as required.
- Lead the Group’s annual insurance program renewal process.
- Maintain and develop the Group accounting policies manual.
- Analyse and review new accounting standards and prepare proposals for application to / revisions of Group accounting policies, as required.
- Assist the Internal Audit function with the development and implementation of internal controls relevant to finance and accounting processes.
- Build team and individual capability, ensuring personal effectiveness for work in current and future roles.
- Be an active participant in the coaching and development of finance team members to motivate, develop and enhance capabilities across the function.
- Address any on-the-job or behavioural issues of direct reports and provide coaching as necessary.
- Degree in Accounting / Finance
- CPA / CA / CIMA qualified
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within a large, multinational organisation and at least 3 years of senior leadership experience
- Audit experience with a Big 4 accounting firm highly regarded
- Experience in Healthcare industry highly regarded
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP system
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, particularly in IFRS
- Understanding of monthly Board reporting processes and prior experience with co-ordinating and completing monthly reporting cycles
Why choose us?
Our future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development. If you are looking for a dynamic and rewarding role that supports our frontline teams to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients globally, this is the opportunity for you!
How to apply?
Please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.