Medical Records Clerk – Icon Cancer Centre South Brisbane
- Career Development Opportunities in Rapidly Expanding Healthcare Company
- Friendly, Supportive and Dynamic Team Environment at our Medical Oncology Day Hospital
- Permanent Part-Time Position, 30 Hours Per Week, Monday-Friday Shifts Only– South Brisbane, Qld
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
Learn more about our South Brisbane Centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/south-brisbane/
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a dedicated Medical Records Clerk to join the Icon Cancer Centre South Brisbane team. The overall purpose of this position is to accurately maintain the integrity of the patient health records and to ensure timely and confidential access to health records to assist with the delivery of patient care services. This is a permanent position, operating in a part time capacity (30 hours per week), working either a 6hr Morning or Afternoon shift each weekday.
- Timely and accurate scanning of patient correspondence into the electronic file
- Organising, retrieval and distribution of medical records for inpatient hospital admissions and appointments
- Sorting and filing medical records in filing bays or compactus
- Maintaining the records registers
- Creating new treatment plans and hard charts for clinics
- Assist in culling of records from primary to secondary storage
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner both over-the-phone and face-to-face
- Your ability to be a genuine team player willing to support your colleagues as required
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with strong attention to detail
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs
- Clerical or Administrative experience within a healthcare setting would be beneficial
- Experience in a medical records role would be highly advantageous
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.