Icon Cancer Centre Midland is seeking a full-time medical secretary for our busy Urology practice.
The position is Monday-Friday, with working times between the hours of 7:30AM-5:30PM (based on practice requirements).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Appointment scheduling, including theatre bookings and admission paperwork
- Patient billing, including Eclipse, DVA, health fund and Medicare transmissions.
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Assisting with preparing and running patient clinics
- Assisting with phone inquiries
- Diary management
- General administration duties
- To ensure maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Accurate data entry in Gentu medical software.
- Prepare surgical quotations.
- Reconcile and close end of day banking.
- Liaising with health care providers and hospitals.
- Attend debtors follow up.
- Experience working in private practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with a vast range of people with kindness and compassion.
- Exemplary typing skills and medical terminology
- Immaculately presented as you are the 'first impression' of our practice.
- A good understanding of Medicare, Health Funds and medical terminology is necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Able to be flexible in covering working hours of the clinics.
- Can multi-task well and work unsupervised.
- Experience with Gentu software
- Experience in surgical services highly advantageous
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.