Medical Secretary / Receptionist – Icon Cancer Centre South Brisbane, QLD
Supportive Team, Compelling Role: Join our compassionate Administration Team and be the primary secretarial support to an experienced medical oncologist who attracts complex patient referrals and partners with our research teams to offer cutting edge treatments
Permanent, Part-Time: 4 days per week (32hrs)
If you have healthcare administration experience and want to join an organisation that places patient-focus to the front, we’d love to hear from you.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 1000 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience
Learn more about our South Brisbane centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/south-brisbane/
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for a Medical Secretary to join the team Icon Cancer Centre team in South Brisbane, supporting one of our Medical Oncologists. Reporting to the Administration Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of administrative services for the Doctor, to all patients, their carers', other external clients as well as your colleagues. We are looking at having someone join us for 32 hours per week (4 weekdays).
Shifts will fall between our operating hours of 6:30am – 6:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details, completing admissions paperwork with health fund checks
- Scheduling/organising patient appointments, organise day lists for consultant
- Prep consult rooms and paperwork for each clinical session
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Communicate fee schedules and enter/process patient invoicing and billing (Private Health and Medicare)
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Oversee wait room and respond to patient queries
- Discharge procedures and paperwork
- Supporting Icon's WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities
- Ad-hoc administration/correspondence duties
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced Medical Secretary with outstanding customer service to join our team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role in Day Oncology/Haematology would be highly advantageous.
- Medical Specialist secretarial experience highly advantageous
- Experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health Insurance
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients)
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters, so feel free to attach one along with your Resume/CV.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.