Radiation Therapist– Icon Cancer Centre Cairns, Queensland
- Develop your RT Career within a Highly Innovative, Research Driven, Rapidly Expanding Company.
- Be Part of a Multi-Disciplinary Team, Delivering Radiation Oncology Services to the Local Community
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care with Cutting-Edge Technology and Therapy Techniques
- Competitive REM + 5 Weeks Annual Leave + PD Allowance
- Permanent, Full-Time, Monday-Friday – Cairns, Qld
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
“I’d spent two weeks in the Cairns clinic during my time working at Toowoomba, so I knew it was a great place to work. Everyone really gets on. We’re one of the busiest sites in Queensland, so this positive culture is integral when it comes to our ability to deliver treatment for so many patients.” Read Dean's story here: www.icongroup.global/careers/our-people/stories/dean-robb/
About the Role:
Our staff have the ability to work across two radiation oncology centres in Cairns- the newly opened world-class Private centre, with a brand new Halcyon with Identify SGRT, comprehensive stereotactic capability and a Siemens Go.Sim, and the established Cairns Hospital Liz Plummer Cancer Care Centre- delivering exceptional care in an inpatient and outpatient setting, and soon to have two newly installed TrueBeam linear accelerators with AlignRT SGRT, as well as an expanding Stereotactic program, advanced IGRT, and a Siemens Biograph CT.
Continued professional development is strongly supported at Icon, with dedicated CPD leave and allowance for all radiation therapists, a national in-service program, and education/training advisors available to support career progression and aspiration. Staff are also encouraged to be involved in CPD activities run through the FNQ ASMIRT Sub Branch. Several members of the Icon Cairns RT team were on the organising committee and presentation program for the ASMIRT Conference in May 2022. Icon proudly celebrates individual and team success through our internal Rewards & Recognition program. As such, the local team has been recently selected as a finalist within Icon’s annual awards, highlighting the supportive nature of the department and the impact we make on the community.
Cairns is a beautiful tropical location, where the rainforest meets the reef. There are plenty of local attractions to explore, or just relax and enjoy the sunshine. Direct domestic flights to most capital cities make it such an accessible place to live.
Learn more about Cairns Centres: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/cairns/ & https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/cairns-liz-plummer/
- Provide high-quality, safe, patient-centred clinical radiation therapy planning and treatment delivery services that complies with all relevant safety and quality standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of patient care and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner.
- Exhibit a strong patient focus and treating all patients and their carers with respect, dignity, and equality.
- Support a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
About the people we’re going to hire:
Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven technical proficiency in radiation therapy treatment planning and delivery.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills that inspire the trust and confidence required to build strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and a commitment to, the delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Understanding of the service delivery model within the private healthcare sector.
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively both independently, and as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Current AHPRA Registered Radiation Therapist with QLD Radiation Use Licence.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing quality patient care, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below, including your resume and cover letter
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.