Administration Manager – Icon Cancer Centre Canberra, ACT
- Take on a Pivotal Role in our First integrated Cancer Centre in ACT
- Join Australia’s largest provider of specialist cancer care
- Be part of a values driven organisation where we nurture and empower our people
- Provide leadership to a dedicated medical services team assisting in providing exceptional patient care across both medical and radiation oncology.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administration Manager to join our innovative and dynamic team located in Canberra. The Administration Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management of the medical services team. This role reports to the Site Manager and operates in a full-time capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Complete Rosters for staff
- Triaging referrals to Radiation & Medical Oncologists
- Oversee the efficient and effective management of Radiation & Medical Oncologists sessions
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
- Possessing knowledge of medical terminology
- Possessing experience in Medical patient management and billing systems
- Ability to generate reports and audits
- Modelling and promoting Icon’s vision and values.
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our Canberra Centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who not only meet the technical criteria of the role, but who also consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, possess a flexible and a 'can-do' attitude. If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing exceptional patient care, we want to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role within the Healthcare industry
- Ability to lead administration teams
- Experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health Insurance billings
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written
- Ability to use computer systems
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients)
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing quality patient care, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.