Administration Assistant - Icon Cancer Centre Mulgrave, VIC
- Join a Rapidly Expanding Company with Career Advancement Opportunities
- Assist the Friendly and Supportive Medical Administration Team
- Casual Position, Monday to Friday Shifts – Mulgrave, Melbourne, VIC
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into Asia and New Zealand. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres, integrating medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy, offering a uniquely comprehensive suite of services for cancer patients.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our Mulgrave Cancer Treatment Centre. The overall purpose of this position is to provide efficient, effective and responsive administration services, ensuring delivery of exceptional standards to customer service for patients, Visiting Medical Officers, Nurses and all other internal and external Contacts. This role reports to the Administration Manager and operates in a casual capacity.
- Reception services.
- New patient information administration.
- Admission and readmission.
- Patient charges coordination.
- Administration relating to Medical Officers and Management team.
- Medical records management.
- Filing and scanning of documentation.
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced Administration Assistant with outstanding presentation and customer service skills to join our team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role. If you are currently work in a hospital or community administrative role, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous Medical reception / administration experience preferred.
- Windows (or similar) programs e.g. Email, Word.
- Understanding of medical reception and hospital inpatient services including health insurance funding desirable.
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads to achieve quality patient service outcomes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and collaborative problem solving skills when managing difficult and sensitive issues with team members, patients and their families, VMOs and other customers.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a team member, supporting the Icon values to achieve Vision and Mission of Icon.
- Ability to establish successful customer relationships with team members, patients, doctors and other customers by ensuring needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manner thereby enhancing clinical services.
- Ongoing development of skills and knowledge by participating in training and development programs to ensure competence to meet operational needs, achieve strategic goals and engage team members in their work.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment with career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.