Administration Manager - Icon Cancer Centre, Norwest NSW
Lead the Administration Team at our Brand New Cancer Centre, Co-Located with Norwest Private Hospital – Opening Early 2022.
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Help Create and Lead a Team of Medical Administrators at a Brand New Facility
- Be Part of a Growing Integrated Oncology Precinct, Delivering Comprehensive Cancer Services to the Local Community.
- Join a Rapidly Expanding Company with Career Advancement Opportunities.
- Permanent Full Time Position, Norwest (Hills district) Location.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into Asia and New Zealand. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres, integrating medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy, offering a uniquely comprehensive suite of services for cancer patients.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Administration Manager to help establish a new radiation oncology service at our Icon Cancer Centre in Norwest, NSW. The primary purpose of this role will be to manage, train and provide leadership to the medical administration team as well as support the daily administrative needs of the business. The successful candidate will be able to help build a team from the ground up, with support from our Senior staff and the greater Icon community. This role will report to the Site Manager and operate in a full-time capacity, working Monday to Friday.
- Help cultivate a warm, safe and supportive environment for both staff and patients.
- Assist in recruitment of administration staff and ongoing training and skill development.
- Rostering of the administration team to meet business needs.
- Support and lead the administration team through daily tasks and responsibilities
- Audit and evaluate practices and workflow to ensure compliance and best practice.
- Meet organisational KPIs and targets for the administration team.
- Patient billings and informed financial consent
- Exhibit effective communication skills with all staff, patients and carers.
- Establish strong working relationship with the Site Manager, Doctors and staff.
- Build positive relationships with other/hospital departments and the wider professional community.
- Facilitate succession planning within the administration department by fostering leadership development and identifying gaps in skill.
- Implement practice changes and quality improvements seamlessly within the team.
About the people we’re going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care to the community. To be successful in this role, you need to be highly motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and effective time management skills. You will be required to take on an integral role in the management of day-to-day administration activities and not shy away from a challenge. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience supervising and leading teams in a health environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the private health fund claiming processes is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and successful development of long-term relationships with external and internal customers.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of all patient billings i.e., Medicare, DVA and private patients.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in a health care setting.
- Qualification or training in management and leading teams (desirable).
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.