Administration Officer – Icon Cancer Centre Maroochydore, QLD
- Play a significant role in a patient’s treatment journey
- Work as part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team
- Part-Time position (34 – 68/hours per fortnight) – Maroochydore QLD Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
An opportunity exists within our Maroochydore site for an Administration Officer to join the team. This is a permanent part-time role, providing secretarial and reception support for the radiation oncology unit. You will be the first point of contact for all patient enquiries. You will be responsible for patient admissions and discharge, ensuring accurate appointments are booked, patients are billed correctly and paperwork processed accurately and in a timely fashion. This role will report to the Site Manager and will work between 6am – 6pm (2 - 4 days per week, 34 – 68 hours per fortnight) Monday to Friday.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our Maroochydore Centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who not only meet the technical criteria of the role, but who also consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, possess a flexible and a 'can-do' attitude. If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing exceptional patient care, we want to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Three years relevant experience in a similar position, including the use of electronic practice management systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive, team focussed attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to complete administration tasks
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.