Registered Nurse – Richmond, Freemasons, Moreland, Mulgrave, Geelong VIC
- Progressive Far-Reaching Organisation
- A Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
- Casual Position
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join our innovative and dynamic team on a casual adhoc basis working between Mon-Fri, 8am -5pm. Based at our various sites this role reports to the Nurse Unit Manager and is responsible for providing radiation oncology nursing care to patients.
- Demonstrating optimal knowledge and clinical skill base to deliver evidence based patient centred care within the radiation oncology setting
- Providing a physical and psychological environment for patients in their care that promotes safety, security and optimal health
- Communicating effectively with patients/families/carers and colleagues and documenting relevant information
- Anticipating and responding to the needs of the radiation oncology patient and effectively managing their care
- Understanding and practicing within own scope of practice
About the people we're going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services to the community. Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for candidates who are highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Hold current registration with AHPRA
- Recent experience in oncology nursing is highly favourable
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Have a good understanding of the service delivery model within the public and private healthcare sectors
- Demonstrate the capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high-quality patient care and service.
- Adhere to protocols and procedures
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, are interested in these locations, and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.