- Permanent full-time Clinical Pharmacist at Slade Pharmacy, Epworth Eastern Hospital Box Hill
- Use your clinical pharmacy knowledge and develop skills in oncology
- You will be fully supported and provided with training setting you up for success
- Growing company with great employee benefits
We are looking for a full-time Pharmacist to join our supportive and collaborative team located onsite in the Epworth Eastern Hospital in Box Hill, you will provide clinical pharmacy services to inpatients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines. You will also get to oversee the care of medical oncology inpatients.
This is an exciting opportunity to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment and work with private patients. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Using ARIA, coordinate and organise the supply of chemotherapy for oncology patients
- Participate in clinical screening of chemotherapy orders
- Be efficient and effective at dispensing and distribution of medication
- Provide efficient clinical pharmacy services
- Conduct medication history interviews, medication reconciliation and discharge summaries at transfers of care
- Provide medication counselling & education to patients
- Work cooperatively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams and provide advice in regard to patient care
- Monitor the accuracy of prescriptions dispensed by pharmacy technicians
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Contribute to training and educational sessions for pharmacy, nursing, medical staff and allied health professionals
- Assist to oversee imprest services and continuity of medication supply
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
As a registered pharmacist with Australian based pharmacy experience, you will have a team orientated attitude, a focus on delivering exceptional service and care to patients, and the ability to manage your own workload with good communication skills to effectively liaise with a wide range of health professionals. You will be highly driven and have high attention to detail and a passion for building on your clinical skills and knowledge.
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously and multi-task
- Minimum 2 years of dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
If now is the time to make a positive career move, APPLY NOW! Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received, so don’t delay in submitting your application.
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.