Our 2023 Pharmacist Pre-Registration Program is now open across our QLD and Northern NSW sites on a full-time 12-month contract. Apply Now!
St Andrew’s Hospital (Toowoomba) a 155-bed hospital providing dedicated patient care and offers a wide range of services from medical, oncology, surgical, ICU and more.
Our program is designed to advance your clinical knowledge through our comprehensive and dedicated training. You will be strongly mentored and guided by our pharmacists to ensure you receive the support and development you need to kick-start your pharmacy career.
Our pharmacy group place great emphasis on promoting from within, so this is your chance to get a foot in the door for ongoing permanent opportunities in our clinical pharmacies across Australia.
- Dispense medications for patients
- Counsel patients on the appropriate use of medicines
- Participate in medication reconciliation clinical pharmacy review
- Liaise with hospital wards and associated employees
- Medication supply and logistics
- Assist with projects, audits and reviews
- Attend seminars and participate in an approved Intern Training Program
Icon Pharmacy Group is a successful and expanding group consisting of Icon, Epic and Slade pharmacies across Australia. We are one of Australia’s leading speciality pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, we deliver innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for hospital, aged care and oncology facilities.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
We are seeking team-oriented, enthusiastic graduates who are motivated and ready to learn from our team whilst working for a growing and vibrant organisation. Most importantly, you will be customer focused and welcome the opportunity to be challenged, actively applying yourself in a dynamic clinical pharmacy environment.
Skills & experience:
- Bachelors degree or Masters in Pharmacy and enrolment in an eligible Intern Training Program by start date in early 2023
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to problem solve
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Previous pharmacy experience advantageous
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding patient care, please directly apply to the advertisement, and attach your resume and cover letter outlining your interest.
Applications are open until Friday 15 July 2022 for an early start in 2023
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.