IT Operations – Field Engineer
Why choose us?
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 2,500 employees company-wide, Icon Group’s global footprint includes 44 cancer centres, 3 specialist surgical centres, a health screening service, 3 chemotherapy compounding facilities, over 60 pharmacies and the largest private cancer clinical trials program in Australia.
As a purpose-led organisation, we are committed to changing the dial on healthcare outcomes across Asia Pacific and beyond. Icon exists to deliver the best healthcare possible as close to home as possible for patients across the globe.
Our future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development. If you are looking for a dynamic and rewarding role that supports our frontline team to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients globally, this is the opportunity for you!
- Professional development program
- Rewards and recognition program
- Flexibility program
- Training and support from senior leaders
About the role:
Permanent full-time job to join our IT Operations team in New South Wales. Reporting to the IT Support Services Team Leader, you provide second level support for all divisions of Icon Group within the New South Wales region.
- Deploy & support a wide variety of hardware across our sites including desktops, laptops, telephony & video conferencing solutions
- Support various projects including new build fit outs, Meraki and hardware upgrade rollouts and infrastructure and cyber security tasks.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with the wider IT departments including the service desk, infrastructure, applications, and security teams.
- Act as an escalation point for difficult or site-specific help requests
- Record, track and document all actions in the incident response and resolution process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of IT equipment and software at sites
- Test fixes to ensure problems has been adequately resolved
- Maintain inventory changes in the IT Service Desk CMDB database from field input
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with Level 1 Technicians as required
- Assist in providing level 1 support when request volumes are high
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is able to effectively prioritise their workload. You will have the ability to independently solve problems and help your team members when necessary. Having the capability to take ownership of issues with a view to continuously improve is crucial in this role.
- Diploma or university degree in computer science or related field
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Experience with desktop and server operating system
- Extensive application support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment
How to apply?
Please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.