Nurse Unit Manager - Icon Cancer Centre, Holmesglen, Moorabbin VIC Location
Lead the Provision of High-Quality Nursing Care at our Brand New Radiation Oncology Cancer Centre, Co-located with Holmesglen Private Hospital – Opening Late 2021
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Lead and Grow within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused, Rapidly Expanding Company
- Competitive Remuneration Package+ Substantial Yearly Professional Development Allowance
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care while Growing Your Career
- Permanent Full Time Position, Monday to Friday Work Only – Holmesglen Private Hospital, Moorabbin, VIC
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the establishment of a new radiation therapy service and take advantage of the enormous personal development opportunities at hand.
Read about what it's like to be a NUM at Icon: https://icongroup.global/careers/our-people/stories/julene-wallace/
About the Role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Nurse Unit Manager to help establish a brand new radiation oncology service at Icon Cancer Centre Holmesglen. The primary purpose of this position is to establish and lead a small on-site nursing team; provide exemplary clinical care for Radiation Therapy patients; and manage resources effectively to ensure the provision of the highest standard of care to our patients. This role will report to the Site Manager on site and will function in a full-time capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight on a Monday to Friday roster.
- Deliver evidence-based patient centred care within the radiation oncology setting, anticipating and responding to the needs of the radiation oncology patient and effectively managing their care
- Work effectively and in collaboration with our Visiting Medical Officers
- Provide a physical and psychological environment for patients in their care that promotes safety, security and optimal health
- Ensure nursing practice is compliant with regulatory requirements, working with the Site Manager and National Quality Teams in achieving the NSQHSS
- Work with the Site Manager to continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Manage the processes of recruiting, retaining and developing nursing staff
- Manage Nursing inventory and consumables appropriately
- Contribute expert advice and share contemporary nursing knowledge and professional standards
- Participate in and contribute to national nursing working groups, acting as the Nurse representative for the site
- Effectively manage resources and optimise workflow management processes in line with site budgets and workload
- Effectively liaise with and manage external hospital stakeholder relationships
About the person we’re going to hire:
We are seeking a Nurse Manager who is looking for their next challenge, be that a step up to a management role, or simply change of environment for an experienced manager. We are looking for candidates who are flexible, enjoy a challenge, passionate about patient care, personable and enthusiastic. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Hold current registration with AHPRA
- Post graduate nursing/management degree (or working towards) would be well regarded, but not mandatory
- Have demonstrated leadership experience in a nursing environment
- Radiation Oncology nursing experience is highly regarded, as is Oncology experience (day unit, or ward)
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Have a good understanding of the service delivery model within the private healthcare sector
- Demonstrate the capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality patient care and service
- Adhere to protocols and procedures
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.