About Icon Pharmacy:
Icon Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Icon delivers innovative medication management solutions for hospitals and oncology facilities.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. Therefore, we follow and live by the same values of Innovation, Connecting, Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Varied and unique career development opportunities
- Induction and training provided
- Paid parental leave
About the role:
Permanent full-time opportunity to join as a Pharmacist Team Leader at the highly regarded Icon Pharmacy River City Auchenflower. This role combines working with one of Queensland’s busiest day oncology units at Icon Cancer Centre Wesley along with leading a pharmacy team responsible for clinical trials at a variety of Icon Cancer Centres across Queensland to ensure patients across the state receive the best quality health care available.
This unique opportunity also offers the chance to drive the planned expansion of our existing cytotoxic compounding and clinical trial services as we seek to move premises and embark on new and innovative specialty compounding.
- Lead and manage a dynamic team of pharmacists, technicians and assistants
- Responsible for the management of pharmacy operations at Icon River City, servicing a network of Icon Cancer Centre sites via compounding, inventory management, clinical trials, and clinical oncology services
- Ensure the provision of patient focussed, high quality clinical and pharmaceutical supply services
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour
- Participate with other senior pharmacy leaders in setting the strategy and culture of the business
- Be accountable for financial and human resources management of the pharmacy department
- Work with the Pharmacy Practice Unit to implement and optimize medication management policies and enhance the pharmacy service
- Extensive working experience as a registered pharmacist
- Experience in oncology
- Ability to direct and manage pharmacy services including strategic, clinical and workforce planning within budget and prescribed time frames
- Ability to foster relationships with hospital staff, executives and other stakeholders
- Outstanding ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to provide expert advice and implement relevant legislation, medication safety standards, policy, procedures and guidelines
- Performance focused with attention to business KPIs and service levels
How to apply?
Please click ‘Apply Now’ and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.