Site Manager / Centre Leader – Icon Cancer Centre, Norwest, NSW
- Opportunity to Establish Service from Inception, Co-Located with Norwest Private Hospital.
- Be Part of a Growing Integrated Hospital Campus, Delivering Cancer Services to the Local Community.
- Develop your Career within a Highly Innovative, Research-Focused Company.
- Permanent Position - Norwest, NSW Location.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists to establish the Radiation Oncology service and lead the team, based at the Icon Cancer Centre in Norwest. Located at Norwest Private Hospital, the primary purpose of the role is to provide the site with local leadership across the multidisciplinary team and contribute clinically as required, to ensure the daily provision of safe, efficient and high-quality radiation therapy, with a patient-centred approach. The Site Manager / Centre Leader will also be required to drive strategic business initiatives and make a key contribution toward developing a high-performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the organisation. This position will operate in a full-time permanent capacity, 76 hours/fortnight (Monday to Friday). The role will report to the State Manager (NSW/ACT) with the direct responsibility of operational, financial and human resource management of the site.
- Responsible for providing effective leadership and management to the multidisciplinary team.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency and productivity.
- Build and maintain a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
- Develop plans for improvement and innovation in service delivery.
- Establish and maintain exceptional doctor relationships – internal and external.
- Partner with Business Development and Marketing to deliver on the site’s growth plans.
About the person we're going to hire
To ensure our Norwest site delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation, and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills and Experience
This is a frontline management position and you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private healthcare sector and/or public oncology service model.
- Experience in a management role in a healthcare organisation with a demonstrated consultative leadership style.
- Capacity to lead enthusiastically, communicate effectively and manage people while balancing the delivery of safe quality patient care with the varying and/or conflicting demands of stakeholders.
- Financial, analytical, and business planning capabilities in a service delivery framework where KPIs are used to manage and achieve performance outcomes.
- Ability to engage team members in delivering safe quality cancer care services in a highly regulated and dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to team member development facilitated through assessment, learning and development programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Radiation Therapist or Nursing qualification required.
- Advanced level clinical knowledge and skills in managing patients requiring Radiation Therapy services.
- Undergraduate or post graduate qualification in management/business desirable.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.