- Opportunity to establish service from inception
- Develop your Career within a Successful and Expanding Company
- Permanent Position - Maitland, NSW Location
The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy. Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role: An exciting opportunity exists to establish the Radiation Oncology service and lead the Icon Cancer Centre team. Located at Maitland Private Hospital and set to deliver the only radiation oncology service for public and private patients in Maitland, the primary purpose of the Site Manager / Centre Leader role is to provide the site with local leadership across the multidisciplinary team and contribute clinically as required, to ensure the daily provision of safe, efficient and quality radiation therapy in a patient centred approach.
The Site Manager will also be required to drive strategic business initiatives and make a key contribution toward developing a high performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the organisation. This position will operate in a full-time permanent capacity, 76 hours/fortnight (Monday to Friday). The role will report to the State Manager (NSW/ACT) with the direct responsibility of operational, financial and human resource management of the site.
- Responsible for providing effective leadership and management to the multidisciplinary team
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency and productivity
- Build and maintain a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
- Develop plans for improvement and innovation in service delivery
- Establish and maintain exceptional doctor relationships – internal and external
- Partner with Business Development Manager to deliver on the site’s operational plan
Skills and Experience This is a frontline management position and you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private healthcare sector
- Experience in a management role in a healthcare organisation with a demonstrated consultative leadership style
- Capacity to lead enthusiastically, communicate effectively and manage people while balancing the delivery of safe quality patient care with the varying and/or conflicting demands of stakeholders
- Financial, analytical and business planning capabilities in a service delivery framework where KPIs are used to manage and achieve performance outcomes
- Ability to engage team members in delivering safe quality cancer care services in a highly regulated and dynamic environment
- Strong commitment to team member development facilitated through assessment, learning and development programs
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse or Radiation Therapist (RT with NSW EPA Radiation User Licence)
- Advanced level clinical knowledge
- Undergraduate or post graduate qualification in management/business (desirable)