Work with Leaders in Cancer Care. Expand your Career in a Progressive Company with Far Reaching Opportunities. Cairns, QLD Location
The Icon Group is seeking to appoint an additional full-time Radiation Oncologist to join our Cairns team. The key focus of this position will be to provide exceptional patient care.
The centre provides cancer treatment for the Cairns and Far North Queensland community, currently treating over 900 courses per year. The site has a strong and cohesive Radiation Oncology team led by three Radiation Oncologists who see a broad mix of patients. There are established local multidisciplinary teams for most tumour streams in both the public and private sector.
Icon partners with Queensland Health through a public private partnership to provide the public radiation oncology service with private consultations being offered through Icon’s private rooms. The unit is part of the Cairns Hospital and was opened in 2011. Within the oncology unit are haematology, medical oncology and palliative care services.
At present the centre can offer VMAT, DIBH and SABR. We are part of an extensive network of cancer centres throughout the country. When required, we are able to draw on the experience and knowledge of this network of clinicians to offer quality local radiation treatment.
This position will also support and drive strategic business initiatives and contribute towards developing and upholding a high performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the Icon Group. About the person we're going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing the highest level of patient care and cancer care services to the community. We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled radiation oncologist who works well in a multidisciplinary team to continue that commitment.
The successful candidate will be someone who has an ongoing focus on continuing education and research and an interest in teaching junior doctors including medical students and radiation oncology PHO/Registrars. We are looking for someone who will uphold the high performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the Icon Group. Selection Criteria Mandatory Qualifications:
Skills & Experience:
- Current Registered Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Sub-speciality training in Radiation Oncology holding the Fellowship of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Radiation Oncologists (RANZCR)
- Compliance as a healthcare provider with credentialing and compliance requirements such as immunisation, insurance etc.
- Highly regarded reputation in radiation oncology
- An interest and experience in stereotactic radiotherapy would be advantageous
- An interest in either head and neck cancer, or gynae-oncology would also be viewed favourably but final tumour streaming will be determined taking into account the exact skills, interests and experience of the successful candidate in conjunction with the other radiation oncologists
- Proven excellent patient care with high quality outcomes whilst managing clinical workload
- Demonstrated meeting practice and clinical governance requirements for high quality radiation therapy services
- Positive stakeholder management utilising excellent communication skills with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated successful and ongoing referrer relationships resulting in increased new patients would be an advantage
Cairns is a fantastic place to live. Being one of the premier holiday destinations in Australia it has an exceptional local dining scene. The Great Barrier Reef and the world heritage Daintree National Park are on our doorstep. Cairns is able to offer affordable housing and a short commute to work. There is quality public and private primary and secondary education along with two tertiary institutions (JCU and CQU). Cairns has both a major domestic and international airport with direct flights to six countries in the Asia Pacific region.
Should you have any questions relating to this role, please contact Brock Ditton, Cairns Site manager (details below). About Us:
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 900 employees our Australian Cancer Centre division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the 'Apply' button. Benefits:
Salary + Super + Great Rewards & Benefits. Relocation assistance will be provided.
For additional information please contact Brock Ditton on
T: 07 4036 5203 / M: 0477 641 469 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org