Expand your professional horizons with a team that has the equipment, the commitment and the passion to make a difference in our community.
About the Role:
- Successful and Expanding Company
- Supportive and Collaborative Team Environment
- Permanent Full-Time Position
We are seeking an experienced Radiation Therapist to join our recently opened Bowen Icon Cancer Centre site at the Bowen Hospital. The primary purpose of the position is to provide quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist. Reporting to the Clinical Lead RT this full time role is 76 hours per fortnight on a 9 days per fortnight roster. Key Responsibilities:
About the people we’re going to hire:
- Deliver high quality radiation therapy planning and treatment services to patients.
- Maintain exceptional standards of patient care and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner
- Treat all patients and their carers, family and whanāu with respect and equality, maintaining dignity at all times
Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality radiation therapy services
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Bowen Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Current full scope of practice in New Zealand as a radiation therapist (or the ability to acquire).
Bowen Icon Cancer Centre, located onsite at Bowen Hospital in Wellington, is our first cancer care service in New Zealand. We are part of Icon Group; a large and distinguished dedicated cancer care provider with dozens of centres throughout Australia and with a growing reach into Asia. The group has cancer care services across day oncology hospitals, radiation oncology centres as well as centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof.
We are dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care and are proud of the service we are providing to the Wellington community and beyond. We support our team by providing a generous CPD allowance and professional development opportunities in an ideal environment to progress your career with an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care. About Acurity Health Group:
One of New Zealand’s leading private providers of healthcare services, Acurity owns and operates Wakefield and Bowen Hospitals in Wellington, and Royston Hospital in Hawke’s Bay.
With a partnership with Icon Group based in Brisbane, Australia, Acurity also delivers private oncology services at Bowen Icon Cancer Centre in Wellington.
Acurity also have investments in Endoscopy Auckland, Laparoscopy Auckland, Grace Hospital Tauranga, Proactive, and Birthcare Auckland.
Acurity’s aim is to be the preferred provider of private healthcare services, chosen by leading specialists, major health insurers, patients and their families. This is demonstrated through Acurity’s commitment to developing and growing their hospitals and continuously investing in the latest technology, while being a leader in their sector. How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link. A covering letter and resume must be attached.