Reconciliation Action Plan
As part of our values-driven culture, Icon Group is proudly committed to equity of access. Our people are encouraged to develop knowledge of Indigenous health issues and embrace cultural competency in their day to day roles. In November 2016, Icon Group launched our Reconciliation Action Plan [REFLECT] which demonstrates our public commitment to improving the health outcomes of Indigenous Australians and continually striving to ‘Close the Gap’ in health.
Workplace Gender Equality Agency reporting
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency is an Australian Government statutory agency that promotes and improves workplace gender equality and administers the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Act).
The main goals of the Act are to:
- Promote and improve workplace gender equality, including equal remuneration
- Promote consultation between employers and employees about workplace gender equality
- Recognise women’s disadvantage in the workplace and help employers remove barriers
- Encourage employers to end gender discrimination
- Boost Australian business productivity and competitiveness by advancing workplace gender equality
Progress has been made in recent decades in Australia and globally towards these goals however there is still a gender gap, predominantly with earnings, career advancements and retirement/superannuation savings.