Belonging at Icon aims at recognising the uniqueness of all by creating a culture where team members and patients feel valued, connected, and respected. It is our focus on diversity and inclusion that specifically brings about awareness and understanding so that we are all empowered to create change and belonging in everything we do.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Icon, You Can.
We’re hiring! See our current opportunities.
Our goal is to reduce inequalities by 2030 by empowering and promoting the inclusion of all irrespective of diverse characteristics and experiences. We are proud on how far we’ve come, it’s what we call creating a path of belonging. Our path represents the continuous journey we must go on, there is no end… it’s about what we do on that path that matters.
- All Abilities
- Cultural and Linguistic Diversity (CALD)
- Gender Equality
Reconciliation Action Plan
In November 2016, we launched Reconciliation Action Plan [REFLECT] which demonstrated our public commitment to improving the health outcomes of First Nations peoples and continually striving to ‘Close the Gap’ in healthcare and employment. Icon is currently in the process of drafting our next Reconciliation Action Plan so that Icon can contribute to achieving reconciliation in Australia.
- Domestic and Family Violence Support
- Australian Indigenous Cultural Competency Training
- Griffith University’s Motivating Action Through Empowerment (MATE) Bystander Training
- Pride in Diversity’s LGBTQ Awareness Training
Our commitment to equityOur commitment to equity
Workplace Gender Equality Agency reporting
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency is an Australian Government statutory agency that promotes and improves workplace gender equality and administers the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Act).
The main goals of the Act are to:
- Promote and improve workplace gender equality, including equal remuneration;
- Promote consultation between employers and employees about workplace gender equality;
- Recognise women’s disadvantage in the workplace and help employers remove barriers;
- Encourage employers to end gender discrimination; and
- Boost Australian business productivity and competitiveness by advancing workplace gender equality.
Progress has been made in recent decades in Australia towards these goals, and many other countries worldwide however there is still a gender gap predominantly with earnings, career advancements and retirement/superannuation savings.
As a relevant reporting employer Icon Group reports on Gender Equality each year for our business entities. As a group, we are committed to striving for workplace gender equality ensuring that our employees are able to access and enjoy the same rewards, resources and opportunities regardless of their gender.
These reports are provided for the 2022-2023 reporting year for your review. Any comments can be addressed to WGEAreporting@iconcore.com.au
- Slade and Epic Pharmacy – Questionnaire Report
- Slade and Epic Pharmacy – Workplace Profile Table
- Slade and Epic Pharmacy – Workforce Management Statistics Table
- Icon Group – Questionnaire Report
- Icon Group – Workplace Profile Table
- Icon Group – Workforce Management Statistics Table
Modern Slavery Statement
At Icon Group, we acknowledge that modern slavery is one of the world’s largest and most complex human rights issues and are committed to prioritising the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and stakeholders, including people working directly or indirectly within our supply chains.
This statement, pursuant the Australian Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth), sets out the actions Icon Group has taken to address modern slavery risks in our business and supply chain over the financial year ending 30 June 2021, and outlines the current and ongoing activities we have committed to in order to identify, assess and remedy risks relating to modern slavery in our business and supply chain. Read the full statement below:
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land where Icon now stands and recognise that these have long been places of healing. We wish to pay respect to the Elders – past, present and emerging. We are honoured to be able to work on this land for the purpose of providing the best cancer care for all people.
About Icon Group
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider and has expanded globally into Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong and New Zealand.
People from across Icon Group share their stories of success, career progression and being iconic.
Icon Group proudly brings together Icon Cancer Centre, Epic Pharmacy, Slade Health and Slade Pharmacy to deliver the best possible care, close to home.
Read the latest news and updates across Icon Group.