Opportunity to join our growing national organization providing exceptional patient care.
Site Senior Medical Physicist – Icon Cancer Centre Mulgrave
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Friendly and dynamic team environment
- Advance your career with one of Australia’s fastest-growing radiation oncology provider
- Salary of up to Grade 5 equivalent
Opportunity to join our growing national organization providing exceptional patient care. About the Role:
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Radiation Oncology Medical Physicist to lead the medical physics services at ourIcon Cancer Centre in Mulgrave, Victoria.
Equipment in Mulgrave includes a fully featured Varian Truebeam linac with Brainlab Exactrac imaging, and networkedEclipse Treatment Planning System operating in a paperless environment utilising Aria. Treatment services include cranial and extracranial stereotactic radiotherapy utilising an AlignRT SGRT system and Varian advanced motion management package, as well as standard techniques including DIBH Breast, and VMAT/IMRT.
The Site Senior Medical Physicist will assist the Regional Lead Medical Physicist and National Director of Medical Physics in providing medical physics support services to the radiotherapy practices operated by Icon Cancer Centre Mulgrave. This is a full time permanent role that reports to the National Director of Medical Physics. The successful applicants may also be required to manage and maintain a key area of responsibility within the national Icon medical physics group.
A salary of up to Grade 5 equivalent plus superannuation is being offered. A generous Professional Development package is available, as well as a one off relocation package (if deemed suitable). About the person we are going to hire:
The successful applicant will be highly motivated with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. You will be required to take on an integral role in the operational management of day-to-day physics activities at Mulgrave and may be expected to offer occasional assistance across all current and future radiotherapy centres. You will also be involved in the development and implementation of new technologies. A demonstrated ability to perform in a strong multi-disciplinary environment is essential. Essential Criteria:
- Eligible for listing on the ACPSEM register of qualified medical physics specialists in Radiation Oncology Medical Physics
- Experience with stereotactic treatments, along with Varian and Brainlab equipment
- Ability to perform routine physics tasks including but not limited to routine equipment quality assurance, patient specific quality assurance (e.g. IMRT/VMAT) and treatment planning support
- Evidence of contributing to/participating in in-house research and development projects
- Proven ability to work independently to a high level of scientific achievement
- Demonstrated high levels of communication and interpersonal skills in a multidisciplinary team
- At least five years clinical experience as a qualified physicist in an advanced radiotherapy department
- Experience in managing the implementation of specialty equipment or programs
- Experience in leading teams and managing resources
- Capable of self-directed work and possessing excellent problem solving skills.
Icon Cancer Centre is Australia’s fastest-growing radiation oncology provider with 2 centres across Australia offering a comprehensive range of specialist and general radiation therapy procedures. We are proud to offer a unique patient centric model of care and are committed to providing better access to quality care for patients requiring radiation therapy treatment.
We are driven by our values and in return we offer our teams a friendly and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
For more information, please contact Nigel Middlebrook (Regional Medical Physics Lead) email@example.com
, or Trent Aland (National Director of Medical Physics) firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close COB Friday 7th Febuary.
To apply for this opportunity please complete the on-line application using the “Apply” button