Work with leaders in Cancer Care| Exciting and Innovative Workplace| Lead a high performance Radiation Therapy team | Windsor Gardens, SA
Clinical Lead Radiation Therapist – Windsor Gardens, SA
- State of the Art Equipment & Advanced Techniques
- Dynamic Fast-Paced Environment with Integrated Services on Site
- Permanent Full-Time Position – Windsor Gardens, SA
- Commence early 2020
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care. About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Lead Radiation Therapist to join our integrated cancer centre at Windsor Gardens, located within the newly built 480 Specialist Centre. This is a permanent full time position, which will have the unique and exciting opportunity to lead and support a start-up team of radiation therapists with the commencement of this new service in SA from early 2020. The role will provide
clinical leadership to the radiation therapy team, working closely with the Radiation Oncologists and physics team, to ensure the service operates effectively, efficiently and in accordance with the organisation’s policies, procedures and legislative requirements. In addition, the position will provide advanced level clinical expertise to ensure high quality radiation therapy treatment in a paperless work environment. This position will contribute towards developing and upholding a high performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the Icon Group.
The role will be responsible for overseeing treatment delivery, simulation and on-site radiation therapy planning at our Windsor Gardens centre, with a strong focus on patient-centred care. Advanced radiation therapy techniques including stereotactic radiation therapy, breath hold, VMAT, advanced imaging and surface guided radiation therapy will be delivered using an Elekta linear accelerator, Mosaiq integrated information system and Eclipse planning software. A tailored orientation program and applications training will be provided to support the commencement of this new state of the art service.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will operate with a 76-hour fortnight, working Monday to Friday. A generous professional development allowance is provided to support continuous professional development, and a 9-day fortnight. Key responsibilities:
About the person we’re going to hire:
- Provide effective leadership and management to the radiation therapist team.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency and productivity.
- Provide data and reporting on the centre’s performance.
- Act as a technical specialist and educational resource for radiation therapy and multidisciplinary staff.
- Maintain and develop high standards as they apply to patient care, quality assurance, technique development, work ethic and workplace health and safety (WHS).
- Responsible for the orientation of new staff and the supervision and instruction of students, radiation therapists and allied health professionals.
- Ensure that standards are implemented, maintained and followed by participating in the development and implementation of policies.
- Actively participate in decision-making activities relating to strategic planning and service delivery.
- Provide recommendations for service quality improvements to the Site Manager.
To ensure our Windsor Gardens centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation, a commitment to delivering exceptional patient care with advanced radiation therapy techniques and a positive 'can-do' attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader. Skills and attributes:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within a radiation therapy centre.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a senior radiation therapy role, or equivalent.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of a high quality and patient-centric radiation therapy service.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor and report on clinical protocols and adherence.
- Extensive clinical experience in advanced radiation therapy techniques, including stereotactic radiation therapy, VMAT, radiation therapy planning and checking
- Apply effective communication skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify new quality improvement opportunities, implement and ensure adherence to clinical protocols.
- Current registration as a Radiation Therapist with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Positive outlook and ability to lead and motivate a dedicated team, within a multi-disciplinary service
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you.
Click the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter and get ready for the next step in your career!
Close Date: 16 December 2019