Exciting and Innovative Workplace| Be Supported by a Dynamic Team| Integrated Cancer Centre| Midland, WA Location
- A Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
- Friendly, Flexible and a Supportive Team
- Permanent Part-Time Position - Midland Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care. About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our integrated centre in Midland on a part-time basis working between 7am – 7pm Monday to Friday. This position will report to the Nurse Unit Manager and will focus on the delivery of exceptional personalised cancer care to patients and their families. Key Responsibilities:
About the person we’re going to hire:
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions
- Patient assessment, observation and education. Inserting and care of peripheral and central access devices.
- Assisting doctors with procedures and providing pre and post procedure care and education
- Maintaining and updating patients written and electronic records
- Providing emotional support to patients, families and carers
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude. The successful applicant will be required to work across both medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology disciplines. Experience in IV cannulation, knowledge of chemotherapy and supportive therapies is preferred but not essential.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader. Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
How to Apply:
- Current AHPRA registration
- Knowledge and experience in oncology nursing
- Experience in a high acuity setting
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work successfully within a team structure
- Computer skills
- CVAD management skills preferred
- IV Cannulation skills preferred
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.