Interesting and Dynamic Work Environment| Work with Leaders in Cancer Care| Tennyson Centre, Kurralta Park Adelaide Location
Clinical Nurse Consultant – Tennyson, Adelaide
- Friendly and Supportive Team
- Progressive Company – Far Reaching Opportunities
- Permanent Full-Time Position – Kurralta Park (Tennyson Centre) Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care. About the role:
We have an opportunity for an experienced Clinical Nurse Consultant to join our Adelaide team located at Tennyson Centre in Kurralta Park. The Clinical Nurse Consultant demonstrates expert clinical skills and experience in the management of oncology and haematology patients and is responsible for delivering quality patient centred care. This role reports to the Site Manager and operates on a permanent full-time basis working 76 hours per fortnight. Key Responsibilities:
Working within a team of enthusiastic and highly motivated cancer nurses you will:
- Providing clinical leadership in leading the team to deliver timely, safe, evidence-based patient-centred care in order to achieve optimal clinical outcomes and an exceptional patient experience
- Managing the day hospital workflow and labour to ensure access for VMOs and ensure efficient chair utilisation in order to meet KPIs.
- Collaborating with the nursing education team to deliver education and training to patients and staff
- Participating in committees for patient care improvements, quality initiatives and policy development
- Supporting the Manager with the maintenance of a safe clinical and operating environment to optimise safety and wellbeing of patients, visitors and staff
- Contributing to the ongoing development of Icon Cancer Care’s internal culture and external reputation
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader. About the person we’re going to hire:
With increasing demand for our services there has never been a better time to join Icon Group. We are looking for a highly driven, dynamic and experienced Clinical Nurse or Clinical Nurse Consultant looking for a fresh challenge.
To join our team, you should meet the following requirements: Qualifications: Mandatory:
- Licence to practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Post graduate oncology nursing qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years post -graduate nursing experience
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience in oncology nursing
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Member of relevant professional bodies (e.g. CNSA, COSA)
How to Apply:
- Expert level clinical knowledge and skills in managing patients with haematological and solid tumour malignancies in the ambulatory and outpatient setting
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads effectively to achieve quality service outcomes
- Highly effective interpersonal communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Commitment to learning and development of team members
- Capability for and focus on innovation
- Knowledge and understanding of National Standards and ACHS accreditation process
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A cover letter and resume must be attached.