Intern Radiation Therapist - Icon Cancer Centre | Richmond, VIC Location | 12 Month Contract
Intern Radiation Therapist – Icon Cancer Centre Richmond, VIC
About the Role:
We are seeking an Intern Radiation Therapists (for a 12 months contract position) to join our innovative and dynamic team. The purpose of this position is to achieve the necessary skills in general radiation therapy planning and treatment delivery, and to meet requirements for registration as a qualified Radiation Therapist. The Intern, under the supervision of a Senior Radiation Therapist will follow all protocols, policies and standards established by the service. They will develop time management, team work and organisational skills to complement their technical skill development, and provide best practice in high quality care and experience that is in accordance with the patient’s physical, psychological, emotional, social and spiritual wellbeing. About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our Richmond cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader. Skills & Experience:
- Third Year Students of the RMIT Radiation Therapy Course.
- Knowledge and commitment to Acts, Agreements and Icon Group directions, policies, procedures and staff code of conduct.
- Knowledge and understanding of National Standards for Clinical Excellence and ACHS Accreditation Standards.
- Ability to use a variety of software applications relevant to the role.
- Communicates effectively with all departments, staff, patients, doctors and the general public.
- Commitment to quality patient care.
- Acts in professional manner at all times.
- Expected to assume a responsible role for their learning in both planning and treatment procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with patients and their carers.
- High level work ethic which fosters efficient, effective and safe work practices.
- Demonstrated professional reliability, motivation, initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team, maintaining open communication with the other team members.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. The Group is built on a strong but simple vision – to deliver the best cancer care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
Our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering both medical oncology and radiation oncology services. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon Cancer Centre is part of the Group’s cancer services division with growing reach into Tasmania and Victoria.
If you meet the above criteria click the ‘Apply’ button.
Applications closes at COB on Thursday 14th November.
Please address all applications to Thang Nguyen – Charge Radiation Therapist