Icon boasts a large cohort of highly experienced clinical staff, including oncology nurses, medical physicists and radiation therapists. Icon’s clinical education team implement training programs to ensure a high standard of care is delivered across the international Icon network, including:
- Delivery of Icon’s Nursing Training Package in radiation oncology in China, with plans for training into Vietnam
- Remote medical oncology nurse training into Singapore
- Radiation therapy systems and procedural training to physicists in China
- Medical physics training and commissioning processes in China and Vietnam
- Pharmacy education across the Australian and Singapore network via Icon’s Pharmacy Practice Unit
The dedicated training unit plays an integral role in the continued expansion of Icon services into Asia, delivering strong quality assurance programs and education to support stringent clinical policies and procedures.