Administration Officer / Medical Secretary – Icon Cancer Centre Hobart
- Fast Paced Medical Administration Role within a Large, Friendly and Supportive Team
- Full Time or Part Time Options, Monday to Friday Shifts (No Weekends or Late Nights)
- Competitive Remuneration, Development & Progression Opportunities
- Make a Real Difference at our Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre - Hobart, TAS
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
Learn more about our centre here: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/hobart/
About the Role:
An opportunity exists within our Cancer Care and Treatment Centre in Hobart for an Administration Officer to join the team. We have the flexibility to offer either a full-time or part-time role, primarily providing administration, secretarial and reception support our cancer treatment service. You will be responsible for patient admissions and discharge, ensuring accurate appointments are booked, patients are billed correctly, and paperwork processed accurately and in a timely fashion. This role will report to the Administration Manager, working shifts within our standard Monday-Friday daytime business hours.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries.
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking.
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients.
- Maintaining and managing patient information.
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who not only meet the technical criteria of the role, but who also consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, possess a flexible and a 'can-do' attitude. If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing exceptional patient care, we want to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- 12 months experience in a medical administration role (desired but not essential).
- Experience working in a busy general practice with multiple health professionals would be highly advantageous.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task within a large team in a fast and efficient manner.
- A positive, team focussed attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to complete administration tasks.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.