Administration Officer – Icon Cancer Centre Gosford
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
- Fast Paced Medical Administration Role within a Friendly and Supportive Team
- Competitive Remuneration and an Opportunity to Make a Real Difference for our Radiation Oncology Patients and Families
- Permanent, Part-Time, 3 Weekday Shifts (22.8hr week) – Gosford, NSW
Our vision is to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible. A true team makes that happen.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
Learn more about the services offered at our Gosford Centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/gosford/
About the Role:
We have a new opportunity for a Medical Administration Officer to join the team at our Icon Cancer Care Centre Gosford. This is a permanent, part-time role providing administration, secretarial and reception support for the radiation oncology unit. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate appointments are booked, patients are billed correctly, and paperwork processed accurately and in a timely fashion. This role will report to the Administration Manager, working weekday shifts during our standard daytime business hours.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing (Private Health and Medicare)
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
- Supporting Icon's WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities
- Modelling and promoting Icon's vision and values.
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who not only meet the technical criteria of the role, but who also consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, possess a flexible and a 'can-do' attitude. If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing exceptional patient care, we want to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- High attention to detail
- Experience in a similar role in a day hospital setting desirable.
- Experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health Insurance desirable.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients)
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.