Administration Officer / Medical Receptionist – Icon Cancer Centre Auchenflower, QLD
Join our exciting new team as we prepare to open our brand new cancer treatment centre in Auchenflower to patients in March 2023!
- Medical administration roles at our brand new cancer care centre in Auchenflower – Make your mark from day 1
- Incredible support from our experienced leaders and treatment specialists
- Join an organisation that puts patient support to the front
- 2 x Permanent Roles (1x Full-Time, 1x Part-Time) No Weekends/Late Nights
- Great Hourly Rate, Career Pathways and Skills Development
Our Auchenflower centre will proudly offer cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment for all cancer types, delivered by an experienced team who are dedicated to ensuring patients and their loved ones receive support and exceptional care every step of the way.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 900 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have 2 new opportunities for Medical Administration Officers to join a brand new team at our soon to be opened Auchenflower centre. The overall purpose of this position is to be the first point of call for Icon Cancer Centre patients and assist the greater Administration team in their day to day duties. Reporting to the Practice Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of administrative services providing exceptional customer service to all patients, their carers', other external clients as well as your colleagues. Join us in a permanent full-time or part-time basis (depending on your preference), working during weekday business hours.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries.
- Entering and processing patient billing (Private Health and Medicare).
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients.
- Maintaining and managing patient information / records management
- Supporting Icon's WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities.
- Modelling and promoting Icon's vision and values.
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an experienced medical administrator with outstanding customer service to join our team. We are looking for someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar, medical treatment facility type role, desirable.
- Experience with Medicare, DVA and Private Health Insurance.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written.
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel.
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients).
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters, so feel free to attach one along with your Resume/CV.