Administration Officer / Medical Receptionist – Icon Cancer Centre Midland, WA
- Fast Paced Medical Administration Role within a Friendly and Supportive Team
- Permanent Full-Time, Monday to Friday Shifts (No Weekends or Late Nights)
- Competitive Remuneration, Development & Progression Opportunities
- Make a Real Difference at our Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre – Midland, WA
Our vision is to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible. A true team makes that happen. If you are looking to apply your medical administration skills and patient rapport ability, we’d love to hear from you.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 1000 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
Learn more about the Midland centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/midland/
About the Role:
An opportunity exists within our Cancer Care and Treatment Centre in Midland for a Medical Administration Officer to join the team. This opening is a full-time position, providing administration, secretarial and reception support for our Oncology and Haematology treatment departments. You will be responsible for patient admissions and discharge, ensuring accurate appointments are booked, patients are billed correctly, and paperwork processed accurately and in a timely fashion. This role will report to the Administration Manager, working Monday to Friday shifts during our standard daytime business hours.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details
- Scheduling appointments
- Triaging referrals to Radiation & Medical Oncologist
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries
- Entering and processing patient billing and balancing daily banking
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients
- Maintaining and managing patient information
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Possessing basic knowledge of Medicare and DVA claims
- Supporting Icon’s WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities
About the person we're going to hire:
We are looking for an Administration Officer with relevant experience in the healthcare industry and outstanding customer service to join our team - someone who is proactive, personable and enthusiastic about the role.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Administration Officer Skills & Experience:
- Relevant professional hospital or day procedure centre reception experience highly desirable, including the use of electronic practice management systems
- Experience with Windows (or similar) programs e.g. Email, Word
- Broad understanding of medical reception and radiation oncology or hospital inpatient services including health insurance funding
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a team environment and plan, coordinate and organise workloads to achieve quality patient service outcomes in a timely manner
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and collaborative problem-solving skills when managing difficult and sensitive issues with team members, patients, their families, doctors and other customers
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a team member, supporting the Icon values to achieve the Vision and Mission of Icon
- Ability to establish successful customer relationships with team members, patients, doctors and other customers by ensuring needs and expectations are understood and managed in a timely and effective manner thereby enhancing clinical services
- Ongoing development of skills and knowledge by participating in training and development programs to ensure competence to meet operational needs, achieve strategic goals and engage team members in their work
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
Icon is committed to managing the risk of transmission of specified vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs) including COVID-19. Certain roles may require the successful candidate to show evidence that they have been vaccinated against or are not susceptible to specified VPDs.