- Permanent full-time Clinical Pharmacist (Emergency Medicine) at Northern Beaches Hospital
- Deliver comprehensive clinical pharmacy services in Emergency Medicine
- Work for a growing company with development opportunities and great employee benefits
We have a permanent full-time opportunity for a clinical pharmacist to join our dynamic team at the new state of the art Northern Beaches Hospital. Working in Emergency Medicine you will provide clinical pharmacy services ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This is an exciting opportunity to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment and work with both public and private patients. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide efficient clinical pharmacy services to the patients attending the emergency department
- Conduct medication history interviews, medication reconciliation and pharmaceutical reviews
- Be efficient and effective at dispensing and distribution of medication
- Conduct, therapeutic drug monitoring, monitor medication outcomes and adverse drug reaction management
- Work closely with the emergency team to ensure patient flow through to the inpatient wards or back into the community
- Provide medication counselling & education to patients
- Work cooperatively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams and provide advice in regard to patient care
- Contribute to training and educational sessions for pharmacy, nursing, medical staff and allied health professionals
- Support the quality use of medicines by participating in projects, audits, working groups or committees as required
- Consider financial implications of medication use in hospital and for patients obtaining the medicines in the community
- Contribute to dispensary services, on-call and weekend services
About the hospital:
Northern Beaches Hospital is a 488-bed hospital providing care to both public and private patients. The hospital has a 50 bed Emergency Department, 14 operating theatres, 2 cardiac catheter labs, 4 procedural rooms and provides a comprehensive range of surgical services, critical care and intensive care services. The hospital also has Maternity, Paediatric, Renal, Cancer Care, Mental Health and Antimicrobial Stewardship services.
The Epic team at Northern Beaches is situated in the foyer of the hospital and has 34 full-time-equivalent staff, including pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Our team is split between the dispensary and the wards with pharmacists providing a full clinical service to all inpatient wards of the hospital.
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based hospital pharmacy
- Strong clinical pharmacy knowledge and ability to apply in a fast-paced environment with acutely unwell patients
- Have great problem-solving skills
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous hospital clinical pharmacy experience preferably in an emergency department or across a wide range of specialities
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.