- Permanent full-time position
- Monday to Friday
- A great opportunity to get exposure in a range of clinical services including oncology
We are looking for a Permanent full time pharmacist to join our supportive and collaborative team located onsite at The Bays Hospital, Mornington.
The hospital consists of 100 beds and offers a comprehensive range of acute medical, surgical, intensive care and obstetric services.
You will join a multidisciplinary team and have the chance to make a difference by delivering quality pharmacy services. We provide our staff with extensive training and in turn, our staff provide the best support for our patients. There are always opportunities to expand your knowledge as you will gain exposure in oncology and a range of clinical services.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be efficient and effective at dispensing and distribution of medication
- Provide efficient clinical pharmacy services
- Conduct medication history interviews, medication reconciliation and discharge summaries at transfers of care
- Provide medication counselling & education to patients
- Work cooperatively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams and provide advice regarding patient care
- Monitor the accuracy of prescriptions dispensed by pharmacy technicians
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Contribute to training and educational sessions for pharmacy, nursing, medical staff and allied health professionals
- Assist to oversee imprest services and continuity of medication supply
- Nafeesa, Pharmacist at The Bays.
Who are we?
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about joining our team and delivering modern, patient-focused pharmacy services.
- AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously and multi-task
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred but not essential
- Previous experience with FRED Dispense preferred but not essential
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join Slade Pharmacy, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.