- Permanent part-time Clinical Trials Pharmacist at Northern Beaches Hospital
- Working 3 days/week to oversee clinical trial services
- Work for a growing company with development opportunities and great employee benefits
An exciting new permanent part-time opportunity for a Clinical Trials Pharmacist to join our Epic Pharmacy family at Northern Beaches Hospital. Reporting to the Oncology and Clinical Trials Team Leader, you will coordinate clinical trial services and provide pharmacy services to support patients and hospital staff on the day oncology unit. Working in Oncology you will provide clinical pharmacy services ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This is an exciting opportunity to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment and work with both public and private patients. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Actively oversee the setup of new clinical trials
- Managing clinical trials including record keeping in accordance with legislative and trial requirements
- Facilitate the efficient ordering and dispensing of trial medications
- Participate in negotiations with sponsors/CROs and liaise with trial personnel
- Coordinate and conduct staff training, both general and trial-specific
- Assist in developing and maintaining site standard operating procedures SOPs
- Ensure adequate site capacity to run specific trials
- Undertake a range of administrative, quality assurance and financial activities relating to the management and development of the pharmacy clinical trial service
- Oversee the preparation of pharmacy trial budgets and set each trial up in all IT systems as required
- Educate and counsel staff, patients and allied health professionals
- Assist with other oncology or dispensary duties as required
- Participate in the on-call and weekend roster
About the hospital:
Northern Beaches Hospital is a 488-bed hospital providing care to both public and private patients. The hospital has a 50 bed Emergency Department, 14 operating theatres, 2 cardiac catheter labs, 4 procedural rooms and provides a comprehensive range of surgical services, critical care and intensive care services. The hospital also has Maternity, Paediatric, Renal, Cancer Care, Mental Health and Antimicrobial Stewardship services.
The Epic team at Northern Beaches is situated in the foyer of the hospital and has 34 full-time-equivalent staff, including pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Our team is split between the dispensary and the wards with pharmacists providing a full clinical service to all inpatient wards of the hospital.
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital (preferred) or community pharmacy
- Previous experience in Clinical Trials highly desirable
- Completed Good Clinical Research practice certificate/training
- Previous experience in Oncology preferred
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.