- Permanent full-time at Slade Pharmacy – Epworth Hospital, Richmond
- Structured training provided
- Work Monday to Friday and have your weekends free
- Great company benefits
A permanent full-time Compounding Technician position has become available in our custom-built compounding facility located on Bridge Road, adjacent to and servicing the Epworth Hospital in Richmond. This will be the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to broaden their knowledge and upskill in a specialised area within pharmacy.
You will be working as part of a dynamic team of enthusiastic Pharmacists and Technicians who will be sharing their expertise with you whilst you undertake our meticulous training program. Your contracted hours will be Monday to Friday with an opportunity to pick up additional on-call shifts once training and competencies are completed.
- Compounding sterile and non-sterile products for Slade Pharmacy patients
- Ensuring an appropriate turnaround time for compounded products
- Actively participating in validations and continued education in compounding techniques
- Collaboratively conducting appropriate routine validation and microbial monitoring
- Following and implementing good Suite hygiene procedures and promote good hygiene practices
- Ensuring compliance with storage conditions for materials, products and waste
- Order entry, dispensing and charging of compounded products for internal and external clients
- Adhering to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and procedures at all times
- Being attentive to the operational and customer service requirements of the business
We are seeking a dedicated individual who has a willingness to learn and the ability to work collaboratively. With previous experience working in either a hospital or community pharmacy, or laboratory setting you will have developed high attention to detail and strong communication skills.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, so the ability to prioritise your workload is key.
Compounding experience is not mandatory, training is provided.
Who are we?
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across Victoria, NSW and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Access to a novated car lease through our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Valued rewards and recognition program
How to apply?
Directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.