- Full-time Dispensary Pharmacist – permanent position
- Extend your knowledge across the private hospital sector delivering care to hospital inpatients, outpatients and IVF patients
- No weekends, no public holidays!
- Work for a growing company with plenty of opportunities to grow and great employee benefits
We are looking for a full-time pharmacist to join us at the highly regarded Epworth Private Hospital in Richmond. If you’re a community pharmacist, or pharmacist wanting to get your first taste of hospital pharmacy then this opportunity is perfect for you! Current interns about to register encouraged to apply.
In this unique role you’ll partner with our specialty hospital and IVF teams to deliver exceptional pharmacy services for our client hospitals, specialty clinics and their patients. You will gain the opportunity to support several reputable and major IVF clinics and offer patient discharge medication counselling plus upskilling and gaining entry to the highly sought-after hospital pharmacy services.
Gain the chance to further diversify your career in pharmacy. You’ll have the opportunity to upskill by gaining knowledge and opportunities in specialised areas such as clinical pharmacy, IVF, sterile compounding, and clinical pharmacy. You will be based onsite with half your time in the dedicated hospital dispensary and half your time in the community/IVF dispensary at the Epworth Hospital in Richmond.
In this role, you’ll:
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions, IVF cycles and discharge
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Create and provide medication profiles to patients on discharge
- Counsel hospital patients on discharge medications
- Counsel and support IVF patients through their cycles
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across Victoria, NSW and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA (essential)
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.