- Permanent full-time Hospital Dispensary Technician, Slade Pharmacy Epworth Freemasons Private Hospital
- Diversify your pharmacy career and be exposed to a variety of multidisciplinary hospital services
- Work for a growing company with plenty of opportunities to up-skill in specialised areas
- Great employee benefits
We are looking for a permanent full-time Dispensary Technician to join our supportive and collaborative team located onsite in the Epworth Freemasons in Albert Street East Melbourne, you’ll make a daily difference to the lives of people in the local community. You’ll deliver exceptional pharmacy services for our client hospitals and their patients. And you’ll do it with an innovative, multidisciplinary team of connected, caring people.
Gain the chance to further diversify your career in pharmacy and be exposed to a variety of multidisciplinary services including hospital and compounding. And the staff are supportive and super friendly and fun to work with!
In this role, you’ll:
- Receive, dispense and supply medications for hospital inpatients and outpatients
- Assist in processing and maintaining imprest levels, and managing hospital ward stock
- Reconcile and manage prescriptions and patient medication discharge profiles
- Provide support to patients, carers and hospital staff
- Process PBS claims and assist in producing medication profiles to hospital patients on discharge
- Confidently complete administrative and record keeping duties
- Assist with patient account enquiries
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about joining our team and delivering modern, patient-focused pharmacy services.
- Be driven by the desire to have a positive impact on another person’s life
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Be proficient in using FRED dispense
- Have knowledge of the PBS
- Have strong customer service skills
- Be adaptable with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous experience dispensing medication
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.