- Permanent full-time Hospital Pharmacist, Epic Pharmacy Northern Beaches Hospital
- Ensure all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines
- Utilise and develop clinical skills to optimise patient outcomes
- Work for a growing company with great employee benefits
We have a permanent full-time opportunity for a pharmacist to join our dynamic team at the new state of the art Northern Beaches Hospital. You will provide pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This is an exciting opportunity to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment and work with both public and private patients. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be efficient with effective dispensing and distribution of medication
- monitor medication outcomes and adverse drug reaction management
- Provide medication counselling & education to patients
- Work cooperatively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams and provide advice in regard to patient care
- Contribute to training and educational sessions for pharmacy, nursing, medical staff and allied health professionals
- Support the quality use of medicines by participating in projects, audits, working groups or committees as required
- Consider financial implications of medication use in hospital and for patients obtaining the medicines in the community
- Contribute to on-call and weekend services
About the hospital:
Northern Beaches Hospital is a 488-bed hospital providing care to both public and private patients. The hospital has a 50 bed Emergency Department, 14 operating theatres, 2 cardiac catheter labs, 4 procedural rooms and provides a comprehensive range of surgical services, critical care and intensive care services. The hospital also has Maternity, Paediatric, Renal, Cancer Care, Mental Health and Antimicrobial Stewardship services.
The Epic team at Northern Beaches is situated in the foyer of the hospital and has 32 full-time-equivalent staff, including pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Our team is split between the dispensary and the wards with pharmacists providing a full clinical service to all inpatient wards of the hospital.
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Time in lieu offered for weekend roster
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital (preferred) or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.