Are you a pharmacist wanting to deliver care in a hospital setting?
Looking for a company with opportunities to grow and progress your career?
Want to be part of a connected, successful team who truly care about you?
Who are we?
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers, and is a part of Icon Group, an organisation who truly believes that exceptional patient care should be at the heart of everything we do. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for hospitals and oncology facilities. Become a part of something bigger… join our team today.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a pharmacist, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5 countries.
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
Put simply, At Icon. You Can.
We are seeking a permanent Full-time Pharmacist to partner with our Epic Pharmacy team at the highly regarded Mater Hospital, North Sydney.
In addition to working in the pharmacy’s dispensary, this role will include hands-on clinical involvement. Partner with an expert team of allied health professionals and doctors to leave a positive impact on patient care.
In this role, you’ll:
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
- Current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian pharmacy
- Sound knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
Icon is committed to managing the risk of transmission of specified vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs) including COVID-19. Certain roles may require the successful candidate to show evidence that they have been vaccinated against or are not susceptible to specified VPDs.