- Part-time Hospital Dispensary Pharmacist, Slade Pharmacy, Epworth Hospital Richmond
- Wednesday and weekend shifts available - work at least 2/week
- Extend your clinical knowledge in the hospital sector
- Work for a growing company with great employee benefits
We are looking for a part-time pharmacist to join us at the highly regarded Epworth Private Hospital in Richmond. You’ll partner with our specialty hospital and clinical teams to deliver exceptional pharmacy services for our client hospitals and their patients. And you’ll do it with an innovative, multidisciplinary team of connected, caring people.
Gain the chance to further diversify your career in pharmacy. You’ll have the opportunity to upskill by gaining knowledge and opportunities in specialised areas such as sterile compounding, oncology, and clinical pharmacy. You will be based onsite in the hospital dispensary at the Epworth Hospital in Richmond.
We have 2 regular Wednesday shifts available 9am to 5.30pm and regular weekend shifts between 7.30am and 10pm.
We would expect you to be able to work at least 2 per week to remain up to date with current processes, procedures and be part of a well-rounded team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Create and provide medication profiles to patients on discharge
- Counsel hospital patients on discharge medications
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Minimum 1 year of dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.