Medical Receptionists – Icon Cancer Centre Richmond & Freemasons
- Fast Paced Medical Administration Role within a Friendly and Supportive Team
- Competitive Remuneration with an Organisation that Values Career Progression and Skill Development
- Work-Life Balance (typically 2-3 days per Week)
- Casual Positions, Monday to Friday Clinic, Epworth Centres (Richmond & Freemasons), VIC
Our vision is to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible. A true team makes that happen.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Learn about the services offered at our Epworth Centres: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/epworth-richmond/ & https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/epworth-freemasons/
About the Role:
We have two new opportunities for a Medical Receptionist to join the team at Icon Cancer Centre Richmond on a casual basis. The overall purpose of this position is to provide high quality patient care and be the first point of call for Icon Cancer Centre clients. Reporting to the Administration Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of administrative services providing exceptional customer service to all patients, their carers', other external clients as well as your colleagues.
- Welcoming patients, collecting and entering personal details.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Answering telephone calls and responding to enquiries.
- High level of attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Entering and processing patient billing and Banking.
- Monitoring and assessing the administration care path of all patients.
- Maintaining and managing patient information.
- Possessing basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Possessing basic knowledge of Medicare and DVA claims.
- Supporting Icon's WHS Officers and committees to effectively carry out their responsibilities.
- Modelling and promoting Icon's vision and values.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role within the Healthcare industry.
- Experience with Medicare DVA and Private Health.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written.
- Ability to use computer systems – competence required in Word and Excel.
- Delivery of excellent client service (to internal and/or external clients).
- Working autonomously, with a focus on compliance, repetitive tasks.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. We love reading cover letters so feel free to one along with your Resume/CV.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.