Patient Accounts / Medical Administration - Icon Cancer Centre, Head Office, South Brisbane
Join the Patient Accounts Team at Icon Group’s Head Office, Located at 22 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, Qld
- Utilise your Medical Administration / Secretarial / Reception Experience in this Back-of-house Role, Performing Health Fund Billing and Receipting Payments for our Medical Centres, within a Team Environment
- Join a Rapidly Expanding, Well Established Private Healthcare Company
- Permanent, Full-Time Position, Monday to Friday
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 1000 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care and is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to patients as close to home as possible.
About the role
A permanent, full-time position is now available at our global head office in South Brisbane. The Patient Accounts Officer works as part of a fantastic, cohesive team and is responsible for:
- Process medical and hospital billing accurately and efficiently
- Liaise with site-based staff to coordinate submission of health fund claims
- Process receipting of payments
- Reconcile medical rejections, and adjust claims accordingly for re-submission
- Process refunds where required
- Follow-up unpaid claims with health funds
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Medicare and Health Fund billing experience including hospital and Doctor claims, receipting and reconciliation.
- Competency in related systems and processes
- Attention to detail
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to quickly understand and develop operational knowledge of fee schedules, Doctor and day hospital billing and associated processes
- Outstanding team member qualities including flexibility, and willingness to support your colleagues
What’s in it for you
In this role, you’ll enjoy a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
How to Apply:
If you have the experience and qualities we’re looking for, we want to hear from you.
Please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. Please include your resume and a cover letter.