- Hospital Pharmacy Technician with Epic Pharmacy at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Lismore
- Gain valuable experience working in cancer care and hospital
- Full time and Part time applications will be considered
At Epic pharmacy Lismore we are looking for a permanent full-time pharmacy technician to join our team. We do all the conventional pharmacy roles from our community pharmacy plus service patients receiving treatment at the prestigious St Vincent’s Private Hospital, provide cancer care services, supply aged care facilities and work on various outpatient programs.
With training provided, this is an amazing opportunity to further develop your dispensing career and gain experience in cancer care through the support and training of our collaborative team.
Discover and enjoy all that the Northern Rivers has to offer, located 30min from the coastal towns and beaches of Ballina, Lennox Head, and Byron Bay, Lismore has something to offer everyone. You’ll find nature and rainforest walks, pristine secluded beaches, artistic offerings and culinary adventures just minutes from your doorstep.
In this role, you’ll:
- Receive, dispense and supply medications for hospital and cancer centre patients and outpatients
- Assist in the preparation and compounding of aseptic products and non-hazardous patient prescriptions, including the sterile cleaning process
- Coordinate the safe, accurate and timely supply of all medications and aseptic products
- Imprest and pharmacy inventory management
- Complete data entry of patient specific information into Oncology database
- Liaise with hospital staff and associated employees
- Assist with the management of PBS claim and owing prescriptions
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading speciality pharmacy providers. We deliver top quality medication management and pharmacy services to hospitals and their patients. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions for hospitals and oncology facilities. We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Be driven by the desire to have a positive impact on another person’s life
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Have knowledge of the PBS
- Have strong customer service skills being sensitive to patients needs with confidentiality, compassion, and professionalism
- Be adaptable with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy.
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.