- Full-time hospital pharmacy technician at Epic Pharmacy, Northern Beaches Hospital
- Develop your skills as a pharmacy technician - training will be provided to set you up for success
- Work for a growing company with great employee benefits and career options
We will train you and set you up on a path for success in your pharmacy career! Both internal and external training programs available.
We have opportunities for pharmacy technician(s) or aspiring pharmacy technicians to join our dynamic team at the new state of the art Northern Beaches Hospital. You might be a technician working in community pharmacy looking for a new challenge, or a pharmacy assistant wanting to upskill and work in a dispensary. You might be someone looking for a completely new path with no experience in pharmacy.
You will get to work with a team who provide clinical pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment and work with both public and private patients. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes.
Training is provided on site and via the Epic group training platform. Support is also provided for completion of the Certificate IV in Hospital Pharmacy Services.
In this role, you’ll:
- Dispense and supply medication for hospital patients and outpatients
- Assist customers in our community pharmacy
- Deliver medication to hospital wards
- Assist with managing ward imprest and stock management activities
- Support patients, hospital staff and associated employees
- Pharmacy claim and general administration duties
- Work closely with pharmacists to deliver high level patient care
About the hospital:
Northern Beaches Hospital is a 488-bed hospital providing care to both public and private patients. The hospital has a 50 bed Emergency Department, 14 operating theatres, 2 cardiac catheter labs, 4 procedural rooms and provides a comprehensive range of surgical services, critical care and intensive care services. The hospital also has Maternity, Paediatric, Renal, Cancer Care, Mental Health and Antimicrobial Stewardship services.
The Epic team at Northern Beaches is situated in the foyer of the hospital and has 32 full-time-equivalent staff, including pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Our team is split between the dispensary and the wards with pharmacists providing a full clinical service to all inpatient wards of the hospital.
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time in lieu offered for weekend roster
The successful person will have a thirst for knowledge and thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
- Eagerness to contribute to patient care
- High level of professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.