- Part-time dispense technician working 4 days/week at Royal Rehab in Rye
- Hours are flexible - a total of 22 hours/week - ideal for working around your other commitments
- Perfect opportunity for community pharmacy techs with FRED dispensing experience to develop career further in a hospital environment
- Work for a growing company with opportunities to further develop
We are looking for a part-time Dispensary Technician to join our supportive and collaborative Slade Pharmacy team located onsite in the Royal Rehabilitation Hospital in Ryde. You’ll make a daily difference to the lives of patients and deliver exceptional pharmacy services to the hospital. And you’ll do it with an innovative, multidisciplinary team of connected, caring people.
Join a collaborative team of experienced and enthusiastic pharmacists who will be sharing their knowledge and guidance, and best of all you will be supported through structured training.
Community pharmacy technicians with FRED dispensing experience will be highly regarded!
In this role, you’ll:
- Receive, dispense and supply medications for hospital inpatients
- Assist in processing and maintaining imprest levels, and managing hospital ward stock
- Reconcile and manage prescriptions
- Provide support to patients, carers and hospital staff
- Assist with stock ordering and reconciliation
- Assist with S2/S3 sales
- Process PBS claims and assist in producing medication profiles to hospital patients on discharge
- Confidently complete administrative and record keeping duties
- Assist with patient account enquiries
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about joining our team and delivering modern, patient-focused pharmacy services.
- Be driven by the desire to have a positive impact on another person’s life
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Be proficient in using FRED dispense
- Have knowledge of the PBS
- Have strong customer service skills
- Be adaptable with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous experience dispensing medication
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Knowledge of S2/S3 medications
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join Slade Pharmacy, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.