QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN – AVONDALE, AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND
- Fantastic Career Opportunity!
- Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
- Permanent Full-Time Position – Avondale, Auckland Location
About Slade Health:
Slade Health, a division of ICON Group, is one of Australia’s largest providers of sterile compounding services, including chemotherapy, analgesics, antibiotics and TPN products.
Slade Health supplies over one million infusions per annum to in-excess of 200 hospital partners via its three compounding facilities. It is now poised for its next phase of growth, creating exciting new opportunities within the organisation in New Zealand.
Slade Health New Zealand:
Slade Health is partnering with the Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) to build a new world-class Medsafe licenced compounding facility capable of producing chemotherapy, antibiotics, analgesics, and nutritional products.
The partnership with ADHB will see Slade Health supply compounded products for public hospitals in the Auckland region, which represents approximately 40% of New Zealand’s cancer patients.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Site Quality Manager, you will work closely with the Operations department, providing quality control support to the compounding centre, with a strong continuous improvement focus. The role is offered on a full-time basis working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM.
- Maintain the microbiological, non-viable and chemical monitoring of the compounding centre
- Liaison with external service providers
- Assist in calibration, certification activities and validation of processes and staff
- Coordinate media fills
- Maintain and organise the site micro laboratory
- Coordinate cytotoxic and antibiotic residue monitoring of cleanrooms
- Prepare new Quality Documents and revision/update of existing documents
What we are looking for:
- Strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comply with PIC/s and documented quality system procedures.
- Ability to work autonomously with appropriate time management
- Tertiary qualifications in a Science discipline (Microbiology/Bio Science).
- Experience in microbiology is desirable.
- Previous experience in a laboratory environment.
- Previous experience in a cleanroom or GMP-compliant pharmaceutical manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Medsafe PIC/s requirements (preferable)
- Training in GMP and Quality Systems (preferable)
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophy is desirable.
How to Apply:
Have you ticked the above boxes? Are you ready for a new challenge? If you think you have the qualities we are looking for, then we want to hear from you! Please apply by clicking on the Apply link. A covering letter and resume must be attached.
Further information on our business can be found on our website www.sladehealth.com.au
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.