QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN - MOUNT KURING-GAI NSW
- Dynamic and supportive work environment
- Permanent Full-Time Position (76 hours/fortnight) – Mt Kuring-gai Location
Slade Health is a national sterile compounding service provider with TGA accredited manufacturing facilities based in Victoria, Queensland, New South Wales and New Zealand. As a well-established industry name, Slade has been producing aseptically compounded pharmaceutical products such as chemotherapy drugs for use by patients in hospitals for over 50 years.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Site Quality Manager, you will work closely with the Operations department, providing quality control support to the compounding centre, with a strong continuous improvement focus. The role is offered on a full-time basis working 76 hours per fortnight on the day shift (Monday to Friday between 9AM-5.06PM).
- Maintain the microbiological, non-viable and chemical monitoring of the compounding centre
- Read and interpret the results of microbiological samples and media fills
- Coordinate media fills
- Maintain and organise the site micro laboratory
- Coordinate and perform cytotoxic and antibiotic residue monitoring of cleanrooms
- Prepare new Quality Documents and revision/update of existing documents
- Trend Microbial out of specification (OOS) and escalate to management where required
- Drive closure of Microbial OOS and CAPAs related to Quality control in a timely manner
- Raising Purchase Orders for calibration and micro-OOS identifications
- Training of new Quality Control technicians
- Ensuring documentation is completed and filed correctly
- Perform Quality Control checks on incoming goods
- Liaison with external service providers
- Assist in calibration, certification activities and validation of processes and staff where required
- Strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comply with PIC/s and documented quality system procedures.
- Ability to work autonomously with appropriate time management
- Ability to proactively identify issues, problem solve and escalate appropriately
- Tertiary qualifications in a Science discipline (Microbiology/Bio Science).
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications such as Excel and word
- Previous experience in a laboratory environment is desirable.
- Previous experience in a cleanroom or GMP-compliant pharmaceutical manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of TGA PIC/s requirements (preferable)
- Training in GMP and Quality Systems (preferable)
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophy is desirable.
How to Apply:
Have you ticked the above boxes? Are you ready for a new challenge? If you think you have the qualities we are looking for, then we want to hear from you! Please apply by clicking on the Apply link. A covering letter and resume must be attached.
Further information on our business can be found on our website www.sladehealth.com.au
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.