Radiation Therapist - Icon Cancer Centre Toowoomba, QLD
Icon Cancer Centre Toowoomba is calling for applications for an RT to join the team. New/Soon-to-be Graduates are encouraged to apply!
What do we love about this opportunity?
- Develop your Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focussed, Rapidly Expanding Company.
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care with Cutting-Edge Technology (Varian TrueBeam and Halcyon) and Therapy Techniques (DIBH, IGRT, IMRT, VMAT, Stereotactic).
- Develop across both Planning and Treatment
- Excellent REM, 5 Weeks Annual Leave, PD Allowance/Days
- 12 Month Contract, Full-Time (Mon – Fri), Toowoomba, QLD
About our Toowoomba Centre:
Located within St Andrew’s Toowoomba Hospital, Icon Toowoomba proudly provides radiation oncology services for residents of the Darling Downs and the greater South West Region, complementing the existing medical oncology service provided within St Andrew’s Cancer Care. It is a well-integrated, dynamic service with a strong focus on high quality, patient-centric care.
Icon Toowoomba has been part of the community for more than 15 years’, and is a highly regarded source of pride within the community.
Icon Toowoomba cares for a broad mix of patients and presentations and proudy offers the latest radiotherapy techniques and equipment to local patients, including VMAT, DIBH, IGRT and stereotactic capabilities.
Learn more about our Toowoomba Centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/toowoomba/
About the Role:
The primary purpose of the position is to provide quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist. This role reports to the Clinical Lead Radiation Therapist.
- Provide high-quality, safe, patient-centred clinical radiation therapy planning and treatment delivery services that complies with all relevant safety and quality standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of patient care and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner.
- Exhibit a strong patient focus and treating all patients and their carers with respect, dignity, and equality.
- Support a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
About the people we’re going to hire:
Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven technical proficiency in radiation therapy treatment planning and delivery.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills that inspire the trust and confidence required to build strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and a commitment to, the delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Understanding of the service delivery model within the private healthcare sector.
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively both independently, and as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Current AHPRA Registered Radiation Therapist with QLD Radiation Use Licence.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into Asia and New Zealand. Our Australian cancer services division is made up of six day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and eight comprehensive centres, integrating medical oncology, haematology, and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy, offering a uniquely comprehensive suite of services for cancer patients. In addition, Icon offers Australia’s largest private cancer clinical trials program contributing extensively to the improvement and advancement of cancer care.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia and boasts a large network of highly skilled clinicians and experts; commitment to state-of-the-art technology; and robust, doctor-led governance structures. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join the Icon network, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below.