Radiation Therapist (Planning Specialist) – Icon Plan, South Brisbane, QLD (remote working model)
- Successful and Progressive Company
- Innovative and Dynamic Team Environment
- Advanced Radiation Therapy Planning team for Icon Group’s domestic and international centres
- Full-Time, 9-Month Contract Position – South Brisbane, QLD Location (remote workers welcome)
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Radiation Therapist to join our innovative and dynamic team based at our Head Office in South Brisbane. The primary purpose of the position is to provide high quality radiation therapy plans as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist to support our international and domestic operations.
This role provides the unique opportunity to be a part of an international MDT, working with teams in Australia, New Zealand and China. If you are the successful candidate you will have success as a skilled planner, gain knowledge and understanding of radiation planning techniques, you will be able to problem solve and innovate to achieve high quality, individualized treatment plans.
As a specialist planner you will participate in and give opinions and advice about complex planning procedures as well as share knowledge and collaborate with clinical staff across the group. You will communicate with a diverse range of specialists and be able to work within the team to achieve set priorities and timelines.
You will be exposed to and become proficient in planning advanced techniques and peer review processes. There will be daily opportunity to enhance your skillset as a planner though exposure to a unique and challenging workload. In addition to this, the role will allow for active participation and contribution to development and project work across the Icon Group network.
This role reports to the Group Manager, Icon Plan and will be a full-time, permanent position (76 hours per fortnight) with option for 9 day fortnight. Hours of work are between the hours of 6AM and 6PM Monday to Friday and will require flexibility to cover other time zones.
- Deliver high quality radiation therapy planning services for patients.
- Deliver high quality stereotactic radiation therapy planning services for patients.
- Maintain the highest standards of patient care and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Be involved in initiatives and implementation of new technology that enables innovative methods to deliver training domestically and internationally
- Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team (internationally and domestically) to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner.
About the people we’re going to hire:
Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques to patients domestically and internationally. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team, especially in a remote environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality radiation therapy services.
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Valid General Registration with AHPRA as a radiation therapist.
- Valid license to use a radiation source.
- Adequate professional indemnity insurance as required by AHPRA.
- Experience with Eclipse planning treatment system.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A cover letter and resume must be attached.