Radiation Therapy Manager - Icon Cancer Centre Mildura
Lead the Radiation Therapist Team at our Brand New Cancer Centre, Establishing Mildura’s First Radiation Oncology Service with Icon Group as part of a Dedicated Oncology Service
- Lead the Radiation Therapy Unit (Treatment & Planning) at our New Radiation Oncology Treatment Centre in Mildura
- Be Part of a Growing Integrated Oncology Centre, Delivering Comprehensive Cancer Services to the Local Community
- Enjoy Access to Cutting-Edge Technology and Therapy Techniques, with Support from an International Network of Multi-Disciplinary Experts
- Excellent Remuneration + 5 Weeks Annual Leave + Excellent Yearly Professional Development Allowance
- Permanent Full Time Position, 9-day Fortnight, Relocation Assistance Available – Mildura Health Private Hospital, Mildura, Victoria
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6-day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia and the world. With a global quality governance model, our clinical services are supported by expert practice units that develop and drive improvements in care, technology, and outcomes. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care. With numerous internal education and training opportunities covering professional, technical, and leadership domains alongside a very generous professional development allowance, the role could be a launchpad to a fast-tracked, successful career.
About the Role:
We are seeking a full time Radiation Therapy Manager for our brand-new centre located within Mildura Health Private Hospital. The primary purpose of this role is to provide leadership and management of the Radiation Therapy (RT) workforce and service. The successful candidate will be responsible for the RT service’s effective and efficient operation as well provision of technical supervision, education and development, and support for all Radiation Therapists. This role will report to the Site Manager and operate in a full-time capacity, working 76 hours per fortnight over a 9-day fortnight. With the opening of our service in late 2022, this role will commence in October and may involve an initial training period in another Icon Cancer Centre.
- Provide effective leadership and management to the Radiation Therapist team.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Ensure suitable training and support services are effectively provided to the Radiation Therapists.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality and efficiency and productivity.
- Exhibit strong decision-making abilities.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Support change management initiatives and implement related processes.
- Ensure the operational and administrative functions that relate to the relevant unit, including staffing and equipment management, are undertaken in an effective, efficient manner.
- Provide recommendations for service quality improvements to the Site Manager.
- Participate in national level meetings and working groups as required, acting as the Radiation Therapy spokesperson for the site.
About the person we’re going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services to the community. Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely across local, regional, and national networks to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about going above and beyond for our patients; motivated to succeed; and quick to adapt to a fast-paced and ever changing environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience leading clinical teams
- Experience in managing the complexities of a healthcare business including building relationships with VMOs
- Highly developed interpersonal and leadership skills that inspire the trust and strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Very high-level clinical knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated understanding of, and a commitment to, delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services
- Very strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private healthcare sector including Medicare billing.
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively both independently, and as a member of the Multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated history of, passion for, and willingness to, educate and support the development of a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor, and report on clinical protocols and adherence
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and implement improvement opportunities or innovations
- Strong patient focus
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate tertiary qualification in Radiation Therapy
- Current registration with MRPBA (AHPRA)
- Valid Radiation Use License in Victoria
- Member of relevant professional bodies (e.g., ESTRO, ASTRO, ASMIRT, TROG, etc)
- Post-graduate Health/Management/Leadership qualification, or working towards
How to Apply:
If you want to make a difference to people’s lives, take control of your career, and you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the ‘Apply’ link below and providing a covering letter and resume.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
For more information about the role, feel free to get in touch with Icon Cancer Centre Mildura Site Manager, Anita Erlandsen: email@example.com
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.