Registered Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Rockingham, WA
Why do we think you might love this opportunity?
- Skills/Career Development: We’re uniquely placed to help you thrive in an Oncology Nursing Career, with immediate access to our Radiotherapy, Haematology and Medical Oncology environments and support from experts across all disciplines. We love supporting our Nurses grow, develop and progress; in fact, it’s integral for the success of our growth plans and patient centric vision
- True Balance: We’re flexible to have you join on an FTE that works for you, with shifts Monday-Friday. We understand that your well-being is top priority and want you to have the hours that work for you and encourage you to embrace your 5 weeks A/L (or equivalent) when you want.
- Opportunities! Our Rockingham and Midland centres are both comprehensive cancer care sites with the need for experts across all levels and disciplines. Thinking of moving city? We have 30+ Centres across Aus/NZ (not to mention our growing global footprint). Thinking of moving into Education, Research, Quality or Management? There’s plenty of avenues with opportunities constantly arising.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
Learn more about our expanding Rockingham Centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/rockingham/
About the Role:
Due to our rapidly growing radiotherapy service, we have exciting new opportunities for Registered Nurses to join our comprehensive cancer treatment centre in Rockingham as permanent full-time or part-time. This position will report to the Nurse Unit Manager and will focus on the delivery of exceptional personalised cancer care to patients and their families. Our expanding radiotherapy department is state of the art, with a knowledgeable, supportive team who are willing to share information and training to ensure we deliver expert patient centred care.
- Manage the complex needs of and educate patients undergoing radiation therapy.
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions
- Patient assessment, observation, and education. Inserting and care of peripheral and central access devices.
- Assisting doctors with procedures and providing pre and post procedure care and education.
- Support a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
- Maintaining and updating patients’ written and electronic records.
- Providing emotional support to patients, families and carers.
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude. The successful applicant would be able to work across radiation oncology, medical oncology, and haematology disciplines. Experience in radiotherapy, IV cannulation, CVAD management and chemotherapeutic administration is preferred.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Knowledge and experience in oncology nursing.
- Experience in a high acuity setting.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully within a team structure.
- Computer skills.
- CVAD management skills.
- IV Cannulation skills.
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.