Registered Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Mildura, VIC
- Develop your Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focussed, Rapidly Expanding Company
- Be Party of a Comprehensive Cancer Precinct Delivering Cancer Services to the Local Community
- No Weekends or Late Nights!
- Competitive Remuneration + 5 Weeks Annual Leave (Pro-Rata) + Yearly Professional Development Allowance
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6-day oncology hospitals, 22 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia and the world. With a global quality governance model, our clinical services are supported by expert practice units that develop and drive improvements in care, technology, and outcomes.
Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care. With numerous internal education and training opportunities covering professional, technical, and leadership domains alongside a very generous professional development allowance, the role could be a launchpad to a fast-tracked, successful career.
About the Role:
We have an upcoming opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our team on a part time basis at our brand new cancer treatment facility within Mildura Health Private Hospital. This role reports directly to the Associate Nurse Unit Manager & Site Manager and is responsible for providing radiation oncology nursing care to our patients. With the opening of our service in late 2022, we’re looking for someone to join the team in early November as we prepare to open and welcome our first patients.
- Provision of patient centred radiation oncology cancer care to our patients and their families, ensuring an empathetic approach to patients needs are met in a timely manner.
- Clinically assess, educate, and provide support to patients with physical side effects, including emotional support and referrals to allied health
- Maintain standards by ensuring best practice protocols and clinical guidelines are implemented and followed.
- Support implementation of new systems, therapies and clinical trials.
- Actively motivate others and maintain an environment of continuous quality improvement.
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Hold current registration with AHPRA.
- Medical Oncology/Radiation Oncology experience is highly regarded but not essential.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality patient care and service.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
For more information about the role, please reach out to Site Manager, Anita Erlandsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.